Friday, November 28, 2008

Found 'em!

Tim Tams located!

I am so kindly indulged by family members (yeah, and friends. I didn't forget you guys)!

A few days ago, Jim drove me to Target to look for Tim Tams (named after the horse that won the Kentucky Derby in 1958?!) after I read on Georgina's Tumblr that they are now available there.

We found them! I only saw a caramel variety and they were branded Pepperidge Farm, but they're Tim Tams. On sale, even. I bought four packages (there are only 10 in a package, after all. What do you want from me?).

Once home, I brewed a cup of Chocolate Chai and did a Tim Tam Slam. Then I did it again. And then a third time.

You guys. They're pretty good. Actually, I would love for them to resist the beverage a little longer. They mush up so quickly. Only the caramel stayed firm in its layer. It would be nice to chew on something slightly firmer once I pop it into my mouth. According to Wikipedia, that's why the Double Coated Tim Tam was created. But I don't really feel like complaining. I feel like eating more Tim Tams (they're delicious without slamming, too).

For the scoop on the introduction of Tim Tams to the American (US) market, read this article.

2 comments:

SirMax said...

I didn't even know they were here (in the US). I have friends that have sent them to me....gotta go find them!

~Wendy~

Jennette said...

So far, I have only read reports of them being at Target. I hope that will change.

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails