Monday, December 22, 2008
The Morning After
My 12th Annual Holiday Cookie Party was last night. I woke up this morning, an hour and a half after my alarm started going off, feeling as jittery on sugar as if I'd had several cups of coffee before bed. My stomach growled savagely over the half an orange I then ate, as if my body were suggesting I didn't eat sensibly yesterday.
But the menu seemed sensible to me...
1. Butternut Chocolate Chip Cookies (contain pecans) - new recipe!
2. Chocolate Butter Cookies with Mint Glaze
3. Chocolate Wakeups - new recipe!
4. Citrus Sizzlers
5. Cocoa Snowflakes (contain pistachios) - new recipe!
6. Coconut Joe Froggers (vegan) - new recipe!
7. Cornflake Cookies (contain pecans) - new recipe!
8. Deluxe Sugar Cookies to decorate
9. Karen's Pecan Shortbread - new recipe!
10. Lingonberry and Currant Jam Daisies - new recipe!
11. Magnolia Peanut Butterscotch - new recipe!
12. Margarita Cookies - new recipe!
13. Monster Cookies (contain peanuts) - new recipe!
14. Nutella Kisses (contain Hazelnut) - new recipe!
15. Pignoli (contain almonds) - new recipe!
16. Salty Oatmeal Cookies - new recipe!
18. Spritz Cookies (contain almond extract)
19. Triple Ginger Spice Cookies
Artichoke Dip and crackers
Baby Carrots and Hummus
Crispix Mix (vegan)
Dried Wasabi Peas
Bars and Other Sweets
Boy Scout Bars
Cranberry Walnut Bars
Double Decker Marbled Meltaway Fudge (contain peanut butter)
English Toffee (contain almonds)
Midnight Rum Balls (vegan) - new recipe!
Hot Cranberry Tea
Hot Buttered Rum
Milk, Water, Assorted teas
A lot of people have been asking for recipes, so when I have time I will post links for the recipes that can be found on the internet. I'll also talk more specifically about what worked and what didn't work. Right now, though, I've got to get some of these leftovers to work.