Sunday, August 18, 2013

Adventures in CSA 2013: Week 7 Recipes

Week 7

Week 7 Produce
Carrots
Eggplant
Lettuce
Basil
Cucumber
Fresh sweet onions
Green cabbage
Blueberries
Yellow Plumpricots

Week 7

Oh, look. A salad.

This is the week that time forgot...or something. I cannot find any photos dated from this week, and none of these vegetables are particularly memorable. What did we do with that eggplant? Did all of these veggies just sit in the fridge until week 8?

I think we also ate some carrot sticks. And the onions keep practically forever, so there's no rush on them.

We definitely ate the fruit as-is. Is that cabbage still in there somewhere? Dear, dear.

This is what happens when I fall behind a week.*

Note: we never make it through all the basil. I suppose we should be making and freezing pesto. I like pesto. I'm just not all that into it.

*I am actually currently four weeks behind.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Basil is good on salads, just chiffonade it. Then it's not too overwhelming in the dressing or tossed in with the other fixin's. I like the idea of pesto, but I always feel I don't LOVE it enough to be a real foodie. A really tasty version uses Mac Nuts.

Jennette said...

I still haven't tried basil on a salad. Keep meaning to... Thanks for the suggestion!

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails