Saturday, July 6, 2013

Adventures in CSA 2013: Week 5 Share

Week 5

Fruit! Ladies and gentlemen, we have fruit! It's a banner week.

Week Five began today, and our share looks terrific. I hope you'll feel free to comment below to let me know what you'd make with the following:

Week 5 Produce (vegetable share, and fruit at last!)
4 or 5 cucumbers
1 head green cabbage
1 bunch tatsoi - CHALLENGE VEGETABLE
4 or 5 garlic scapes
1 head Tuscan kale
1 head lettuce
1 bunch dill
1 bunch carrots
1 pint cherries
1/2 pint blackberries
1 jar blackberry jam

I'm guessing we'll eat the fruit raw (and immediately), and I owe Dan a carrot cake, so those items are easy to get through. There's also been talk of turning some of the cucumbers into quick pickles -- with the help of that CSA dill. The tatsoi looks like a tender, teenage version of bok choy, but is apparently like spinach, and I think we'd better get to that fast before it wilts in the fridge.

I'll be back next week with the next aftermath report on our ravenous summer eating!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

here's a coleslaw you might like!
http://www.seriouseats.com/2013/07/the-food-lab-how-to-make-the-best-creamy-cole-slaw.html

Jennette said...

Ha! Angela, you and I are made for each other. I texted that link to Dan earlier in the day. Look for our version in the Week 6 recipe post, coming soon! ;)

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails