Sunday, August 18, 2013

Adventures in CSA 2013: Week 8 Recipes

Week 8

Things are getting hazy! I am 4 weeks behind in these CSA wrap-ups. Please assume I have a very good excuse. I am going to have to rely heavily on photo evidence for a few updates, until I get caught up.

Week 8 Vegetables
1 head lettuce
1 bunch beets -- Okay, I remember these beets. I forgot to use them, they shriveled up, and I had to throw them away.
4 onions
1 bunch arugula
2 heads garlic
1 cantaloupe
7 ears corn
3 tomatoes

Fruit
apricots
blueberries
plumpricots/pluots.

Week 8

Cucumber and Tomato Sandwich - I'm pretty sure these are Week 7 cucumbers, added to Week 8 tomatoes. As previously hypothesized, I think we sort of accidentally combined Week 7 and Week 8 into one mega-share.

Week 8

Week 8

Almost Certainly a Salad - lettuce, arugula, queso blanco, avocado, onion...

Week 8

Week 8

Week 8

Pizza Party pizzas - We invited a few toddler-and-older friends over for a homemade pizza dinner one evening. CSA roasted garlic and onions (caramelized) were among the toppings available. I am perfectly capable of making pizza dough, but I like to save time by purchasing it at the local pizza parlor. Their dough makes for a really tasty crust that puffs up perfectly in a 400F oven -- and it's inexpensive.
Not shown: The 5-year old could not get enough of the CSA cantaloupe.

Week 8

Tacos - tomato, onion, beans, avocado, queso blanco (again).

Week 8

Eggplant Salad? - I really can't see beneath the cheese, and this was a month ago now. I THINK this is week 7's eggplant with some basil and other stuff.  It was probably good.

Update: Dan thinks this is mushrooms and peppers, which we clearly ate with sausages.

Did we not use the corn? I do not recall throwing away any corn. Let's see if it appears in Week 9, and thank you for your patience.

No comments:

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails