Friday, July 11, 2008

What I Ate at the Giglio Festival: Vol. 1

A zeppola

One is a zeppola.

Two or more are zeppole.

Zeppole batch

I've never bought less than 6, but I share them with my friends.

Fry Guys

The best ones aren't too oily from their bath in the fry-vat. These were pretty good. The girl serving them up (they are shaken in a bag with powdered sugar before you get them) had interesting eye makeup. That's how I chose the booth I bought from over the 3 or 4 others I saw advertising zeppole. I was encouraged by friends to do a taste test from multiple booths and determine which was the best, but that seemed like a lot of fried dough to ingest. Maybe next time.

One last thing: powered sugar is dangerous. Don't inhale when you take a bite. Be prepared to get some extra sugar on your fingers, mouth, clothes, and feet.

No comments:

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails