Monday, July 7, 2008

Christmas in July

It's hot outside. We could use some snow.

Hey, what might I be snacking on if it were cold December? I have a holiday cookie party every winter, for which I bake hundreds of cookies (and make a few non-cookie treats).

Here's the recipe I use for Spritz Cookies, which are a favorite of many guests. My mom gave me this recipe, and her cookie baking eclipses mine.

1 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
2 1/4 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 egg
1 teaspoon almond extract

Heat oven to 400 F. Cream butter and sugar. Blend in remaining ingredients. Divide dough and color with 2 colors of food coloring. Fill cookie press (my second-hand aluminum press works much better than my newer, plastic, trigger-handled press). Form desired shapes on ungreased baking sheet. Bake 6-9 minutes or until set but not brown.

Spritz Cookies

Yeah. That's a lot of butter. But it's such a tender, melting cookie. The butter does good, not evil here.

No comments:

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails