Monday, July 14, 2008

Ooh, that li'l baby!

Nice Drape

Remember when I knit a baby wrap sweater and baby blanket (you probably don't; I wasn't writing about snacks back then) in organic, undyed cotton for a certain couple's baby shower? Today I spent all day at the hospital waiting for the baby for whom I knit those to be born.

And at 5:11 pm she finally was! Happy birthday, Hero!

So, today was not about snacking. It was about waiting and hoping and good vibes and a gorgeous baby and an inspiring, tough (and beautiful) mother and amazing, focused (not bad-looking himself) dad. They are three of my favorite people in the world, even if I just met one of them.

Still, I did snack while I waited. I mean, I had to keep my energy up! Sadly, I was too nervous and excited to eat a real meal until I got home, so snacks were a medical necessity. I chose: a peach smoothie (finished before I got into the hospital), Clif Bar (Chocolate Brownie), 1/3 of a garlic pickle, a swallow of celery soda, Dirty Chips (BBQ flavor), Coke, water, Advil, a multi-vitamin, part of a bagel, 4 really old Altoids, and a slightly under-ripe plum (fruit was a nice change of pace, even if it was a bit sour).

No comments:

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails