Monday, June 30, 2008

Yogurt on the top

Ginger Sheep

I have been digging Greek yogurt with honey lately, but decided to switch things up when I noticed Old Chatham Sheepherding Company offers a ginger flavored sheep's milk yogurt.

At first bite, I was disappointed -- not much ginger in there. But the sour tang of sheep's milk kept me spooning it into my mouth. After a few more tastes, I idly stirred the yogurt remaining in the container, only to unearth a treasure trove of the ginger I'd been hoping for. Suddenly, the root's flavor was everywhere I wanted it to be! Bits of what I thought was raw (but turned out to be crystallized) ginger crunched between my teeth, answering the smoothness of the yogurt appropriately. And when I was done with the container, a light gingery burn lingered in my mouth.

I thought it was just the old Dannon "fruit on the bottom" yogurt that needed stirring, but I've learned my lesson. If you give the black sheep a whirl, don't forget to stir.

No comments:

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails