Thursday, June 5, 2008

Edible me

Self-portrait

[A version of this post was first published on Bakespace.]

On Serious Eats, someone posed this question:
"If you had to introduce yourself to someone by cooking them a three course meal that best described you, what would it be?"

I tried to make my choices accurately (if incompletely) reflect my personality, rather than simply choosing foods I'd like (though they are all foods I like to eat). What would this say about me?

1st course: Cornichons and assorted cheeses
2nd course: chicken roasted using Nigel Slater's method (as described in The Kitchen Diaries), mashed potatoes with lots of garlic and bacon, a little bit of garlic chicken gravy, asparagus and homemade bread.
3rd course: Sweet, fried plantains AND a small peanut butter brownie.

Beverage: Milk!

I realize that I do not make a very gourmet first impression.

No comments:

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails