Thursday, October 23, 2008

Snickerpuss

Surprise snickerdoodle!

You know what's nice? Having a really awesome friend who only lives three blocks away (this is especially nice in NYC) so you can just walk over to her house anytime (keeping in mind guidelines of common courtesy). And then, something else that's nice is when she goes out of town for a week she gives you some groceries that could go bad while she's away (cream, apples, fresh herbs) so you can use them. And then, what else is nice is when you open up the bag she gave you and find that there are also some cookies she made in there. And what's really nice? They're snickerdoodles! I love snickerdoodles. These were made without cream of tartar, she told me, but it's really hard to tell.

It's like a cookie fairy visited my refrigerator while I was sleeping. Thanks, cookie fairy!

Here is a picture of snickerdoodles made for last year's cookie party. Never too many snickerdoodles. Say it again. Snickerdoodle!

Snickerdoodles

p.s. Cookie fairy: I used the lemon thyme on some roasted butternut squash and other vegetables. Yum.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for the Cookie Fairy!

It's been years since I've had Snickerdoodles...I just might have to make some. As far as I know, they are the only reason Cream of Tarter exists. Oh, I guess I use in in meringue sometimes...

Webby said...

jenny - i'm so glad you enjoyed the doodles! though i must insist that YOUR snickerdoodles (proper snickerdoodles) are the best i've ever had. i usually overeat these things at your cookie party: snickerdoodles, turkey meatballs, cheese crackers (puffs?) and now - citrus sizzlers. the only thing i haven't made myself are the cheese crackers. can't wait to bring back some new comestibles tomorrow!

Jennette said...

I do try to win quantity awards, but I wouldn't begrudge anyone who bested me in flavor as long as he or she were willing to share a cookie and a recipe.

Jennette said...

Susan - I feel like I've used the C. of T. for something else, too. Biscuits? I don't know...

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails