Tuesday, September 16, 2008

And I will eat them in the rain...

Rainy day Jaffa Cake

It's "Poetry Tuesday" on Snackreligious! For this week's installment, we're butchering us some Elizabeth Barrett Browning (even to the point of employing slant rhyme not in the original) because this delicious British snack made us a little crazy with delight.


How do I love thee, Jaffa Cakes?

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height

Of your orange, your Chocklate out of sight.

With
all your cookies I'd stuff my Face.
I love thee to the level of everyday's

Most tasty snack, your sponge squishy and light.

I love thy flavor, but shared, as is Right.

I love to bite thee, and my mouth Obeys.

I love thee with a passion put to use

For most rare snacks, and love your box's faith

In "sports nutritionists," who love you, too,

So says the text*, --- I love thee with the breath,

Smiles, tears, of all my life! --- and, if God's cool,

I may just eat thee even after death.



Jaffa Cakes



* Perhaps my favorite packaging claims yet:
1. "Now even more orangey!"
2. "Each McVitie's Jaffa Cake contains lots of energy, and only 1.0g of fat per cake. That is why they are recommended by sports nutritionists." (emphasis mine)



Jaffa Box



Seriously. Yow! These are great! Thanks, Anastasia!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

mmmm... now I am craving Jaffa Cakes!

Jennette said...

So am I. ;)

nicky said...

Jaffa Cakes were my absolutely favourite thing growing up. They got me through so many exams in high school... In fact, you're taking me on a crazy jaunt down Memory Lane with all this Britishness. Fruit Pastilles! Monster Munch! Amazing...

Jennette said...

I haven't even tried the last 5 or 6 things in the box yet! I have to get to those Fruit Pastilles.

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails