Monday, September 15, 2008

Don't hate me because I'm brownie-full.

Brownie love

Homemade is best, right? In most cases I do think so, and sort of snobbily, but perfect homemade brownies elude me. I've made dozens of brownie recipes and dozens of batches from store-bought mixes, and I just plain prefer the kind out of a box. But I can't stop believing that someday I will discover "that" brownie recipe that will knock me off the box forever. So if you're reading this and you have a good brownie recipe, please share.

Personally, I like brownies moist and chewy and fudgy, without nuts or chocolate chips, and a little underdone. I don't want cakey brownies because I can make a cake if I want to eat something that is like cake. Brownies should be easy to smoosh into a ball with your fingers while they're warm.

This time, Pillsbury Brownie Classics Traditional Fudge (Family Size) met my needs. Beat that, homemade brownies! Please?

No comments:

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails