Monday, September 29, 2008

I say kär'məl, you say potato.

Caramel Wafer Biscuits
(from Anastasia, who sent the UK Invasion Snack Sampler)

So do you prefer kăr'ə-məl, kăr'ə-mĕl', or kär'məl?

I prefer Tunnock's Real Milk Chocolate Caramel Wafer Biscuits, thankfully "Still Original Size." Great width. It's an old-timey carnival of thick, caramel flavor. The wafers are nicely integrated with the caramel, leading to an expensively chewy-crunchy-melty-smooshy texture. A Tunnock's Caramel Wafter Biscuit tastes down-to-earth and popular;* neither high-falutin' nor exclusive; not sweetly condescending at all; and friendly. I found it mood enhancing, and I've got another.

Eating this was better than wearing borrowed expensive jewelry (sumptuous, edible, and anxiety-free).

Have you ever made caramel? It's like magic. Tunnock's...Chocolate Caramel Wafer Biscuits are like somebody else did the magic and didn't get your pots dirty. They're like the close-up magician at a fundraiser who cheerfully sets his wallet on fire for your own private finale and walks away with a wink as you're still applauding quietly and smiling a real smile at him. You have fond memories of that magician. Magic is cool.

High marks.

Tunnock's and chai

Beverage: All Natural Sapat Fantasy Masala-Chai Flavoured Tea. This is my favorite Indian chai mix. I first tasted it in Pittsburgh, PA which is where I bought my supply. I drink most teas and infusions without milk or sugar, but this variety I like with both.

"The boy is based on no one."


*popular in the sense of "Suited to or within the means of ordinary people" (The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition Copyright © 2007, 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Updated in 2007.)

5 comments:

. said...

Well, I thought I was just hungry. Now after that description of gooey goodness, I'm starving.

houstonmacbro said...

Sugary and salty. Two of my favorite flavors in one!

Jennette said...

Hm. Actually, it wasn't very gooey or very salty. I'd say the caramel was more thick and rich (though I like salty caramels). But it was still very delicious. ;)

Unknown said...

i am so jealous of your caramel. thank heavens deniz and tim are in london and can maybe hook me up so i can try it too. you lucky snacky girl!

Jennette said...

Angela, I thought of you when I ate it because you introduced me to Stroopwafels.

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails