Friday, March 27, 2009

I am dodgy and so were these.

White out
(photo by Dan)

I admit it. I've been a dodgy, barely-there, ghost of a blogger these past few weeks. As has been pointed out to me, I have a duty to my readers that has gone unfulfilled. So this weekend I'll be trying to catch up with many of the things I've been eating and taking photographs of since I last posted.

Dodgy Dodgers

Let's start with these queer biscuits. Jammie Dodgers were a birthday gift from Dan -- and British to boot.

What does the package claim? "Delicious stretchy jam splodged [ed: !] at the heart of 2 yummy shortcake biscuits."

What would my description be? "Two shortbread cookies sandwich a red jam that is meant to be raspberry. The cookies are slightly dry. The jam is terribly hard and chewy. The result is unsettling."

My description is a little too long and not very lyrical. But at least it doesn't use the word "splodged."

2 comments:

mechanic said...

strechy is not an adjective you want used with jam. thanks for catching up after your hiatus! i am enjoying reading...

Jennette said...

True. I didn't find the jam to be stretchy, honestly, but it is disturbing if that is what they were aiming for.

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails