Saturday, June 19, 2010

Birthday Fish-a-ma-jig

Happy Birthday, Cali!

My sister's birthday was a few weeks ago, and it was in her honor that I had a McDonalds Filet-O-Fish sandwich for dinner that day.  Above is the photo I sent her to prove it.

You might remember my sister, Cali, from her guest post about her law school food storage habits.  It's worth reading.  Eventually, I wrote its sister post (zing!) about my own fridge-full of food.

Anyway, Cali and I both have a taste for the sandwich above, which she and a friend call the "fish-a-ma-jig."  I eat one as a guilty pleasure every month or two, but only enjoy it if it's JUST out of the fryer.  Even then, if it's not eaten quickly, the last corner bite tastes sort of dreary and cold, so I don't linger. My favorite part?  Oozing tartar sauce.  I know this will gross some of you out, but I strive for honesty in these posts. And I like sauces.

Happy Birthday, Cali!  Here's to another year of occasional fish-a-ma-jigs.  My wish for you is that this next year will also find you living with a fully stocked fridge (she graduated from law school, folks! AND got a job!).  It's good to share this guilty pleasure with you.

-------

No comments:

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails