Saturday, June 19, 2010

Voodoo Baby

Chips
Shoes by American Eagle for Payless
Jeans by Uniqlo 

Dan brought home a bag of Zapp's limited edition "Voodoo Gumbo" potato chips.  I think I ate most of it.

According to the copy on the package, this flavor was created by accident when an employee spilled some flavor powder in some other flavor powder (I'm paraphrasing).  And then the resulting mess (I don't mean that as a denouncement) was named in a contest.  This must be why it doesn't taste like voodoo or gumbo.  But it is good, if you like sweet-and-spicy, tomato-based chips (as I do).  And it does taste kind of like their Tabasco chips, which I also like.  So, although there's no distinct flavor in there, I can get behind this kind of accident.  I look forward to more limited edition flavors from these guys.

-------

No comments:

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails