Okay, so the photos are underwhelming (I'm talking about my photography here, not the subject matter). I optimized as best I could without having to open Photoshop. People don't seem to light their houses for photo shoots. Weird.
If necessary, just take my word for it -- Isra's birthday party feast was marked by an outstanding snack buffet.
My favorite items were:
- radish and butter open-faced sandwiches (with good, fresh butter) -- I think I ate 6.
- strawberry and cream cheese open-faced sandwiches
- slices of prosciutto
- very spicy pickles (provenance unknown)
- perfectly ripe fruit slices, including peaches and plums
- Spanish almonds (which I thought tasted a bit like cashews)
- some kind of cheese that was incredible and unrecognizable (to me).
And, of course, the company was nice, too.