Hey, MacArthur Foundation! I just invented frozen, vegan jello. With organic juice.
Hey, Eddie Cochran! I think I found the cure for the summertime blues. And you said there "ain't no." You pessimist, you.
Hey, everybody else! This was an accident. But a very happy one.
- Grease your jello mold(s) of choice with a little cooking spray.
- Heat 2 cups organic juice or nectar to boiling. Remove from heat.
- Add one packet Natural Desserts' (all natural, vegan, gluten free, and kosher) Unflavored Jel Dessert to heated juice. Whisk until combined. I found the Jel Dessert powder at Whole Foods.
- Pour mixture immediately into molds (I used a lightly greased silicone muffin pan).
- Chill in fridge until set.
- Remove from mold(s) (I used a plastic knife to loosen one edge and they slid right out) and cut shapes if desired (I cut mine into half circles)
- Store in tupperware (I would put waxed paper between layers), and freeze.
Next time, I'm putting it in the popsicle mold!