Sunday, July 19, 2009

Quick! Someone give me a Genius Grant!

Frozen (vegan) Jello

Hey, MacArthur Foundation! I just invented frozen, vegan jello. With organic juice.

Hey, Eddie Cochran! I think I found the cure for the summertime blues. And you said there "ain't no." You pessimist, you.

Hey, everybody else! This was an accident. But a very happy one.

To make:
  1. Grease your jello mold(s) of choice with a little cooking spray.
  2. Heat 2 cups organic juice or nectar to boiling. Remove from heat.
  3. Add one packet Natural Desserts' (all natural, vegan, gluten free, and kosher) Unflavored Jel Dessert to heated juice. Whisk until combined. I found the Jel Dessert powder at Whole Foods.
  4. Pour mixture immediately into molds (I used a lightly greased silicone muffin pan).
  5. Chill in fridge until set.
  6. Remove from mold(s) (I used a plastic knife to loosen one edge and they slid right out) and cut shapes if desired (I cut mine into half circles)
  7. Store in tupperware (I would put waxed paper between layers), and freeze.
  8. Gobble.

Next time, I'm putting it in the popsicle mold!

No comments:

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails