Friday, July 10, 2009

Chocolate for "the discerning steak connoisseur" -- but not for the chocolate connoisseur.

Luger Coin 2

I've never been to Peter Luger. There would be little point in me visiting what some people say is NYC's best steakhouse. I haven't eaten beef in at least 14 years (except that time I had it by mistake in an empanada at a party -- and got sick). Dan's been a couple of times, though, and once (long ago?) brought back a stamped chocolate coin as a souvenir.

Today, I opened the gold foil and ate the thing. It was quite old, tasting of cinnamon and chalk -- not unlike a Necco candy heart. Again, we see the perils of snack jail.

I'm scraping the bottom of the barrel here, in terms of old snacks that have been collecting dust in my kitchen, but at least that means I'm getting closer to catching up the snacklog of items waiting to be consumed.

Luger coin 2

No comments:

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails