Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Poetry Tuesday: Dan went to a fancy art party and all I got was this lousy herbal water.



You, the coatless, who are going home when the sun sets,
Drink this. Drink this in your
Cold home, surrounded by your
Reheated macaronis and consolation lipsticks. Sniff
And you may clean your fixtures with the smell.
Astringent hydration; there's frowning inside.
Vanilla and lemongrass fight over you,
So you must not be lonely. But you are
Lonely. As mint has deserted you all.
Oh. The situation's muddied.
There is something in your water.
It is meant to be there but it should not be there.

Your tongue is angry at you now.
The two of you are going to argue.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

THIS warrants an art party :)

Tia said...

Jenny -

I just wanted to let you know that I LOVE that you are writing your blog again! I read it every day! Thank you!

Tia

Jennette said...

Thanks so much, Tia. That means a lot to me. And I've got another post almost ready to post after work today!

Jennette said...

FFF -- thanks. ;)

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails