Monday, May 25, 2009

I don't need wedding cake.

Homemade wedding desserts

It's not that I haven't had good cakes at weddings. It's just that I've had so many desserts in my lifetime that are better than the best wedding cake I've ever had.

This is one of the reasons Dan and I chose cheesecakes with various toppings for our wedding dessert. It also saved us a lot of money (we bought frozen cheesecakes and put out fruits and sauces for the doctoring of individual portions).

Long table of desserts

At Cormac and Lindsey's wedding in Craigville, MA, the dessert table was loaded with homemade goodies provided by friends and family of the bride and groom. Had I known, I would have contributed, but they certainly didn't need more.

Dessert plate

I ate until I groaned. It was so serious I couldn't even take a bite of the brownie-cup-with-peanut-butter-in-the-middle. When I can't do that, you know I'm full. Normally, I don't like to leave anything on the table other than a spare butter pat or three.

Follow the trail of butter pats.

p.s. Looks like someone was trying to get me drunk. Extra cups of Vino Verde kept appearing next to my plate.

No comments:

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails