Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Dave saves the (grey) day

Grey day snack

Lately, the weather's been bouncing back and forth between days of grey city rain and days of brighter, cheerier sun. Both are appropriate to spring, of course, but that doesn't mean that the grey days don't sometimes get me down.

I was out of cereal the day on one of those recent grey days and didn't have time to run out to get another sort of breakfast. Frankly, I was feeling a little down in the dumps about it. Luckily, Dave had and offered me a Blueberry Crisp Clif bar.

Surface

Clif bars are weird. They look weird (see above). They taste weird. They're also super-dense, sweet, and a little too chewy. My jaw gets tired just looking at one. Some of the flavors are tolerable (I tend to choose Peanut Toffee Buzz or sometimes Chocolate Brownie). Other flavors have struck me as what I'd call "gross" (not that I've tried them all). Occasionally I crave a Clif bar, but I never wholeheartedly enjoy them. There's always a bit of an aftertaste.

I'm happy to report, as I'd never had this flavor before, that Blueberry Crisp was tolerable, if not amazing. The fruit managed to be a little tangy and the whole thing quite nutty. Not bad at all.

I guess this reads like I'm not that into the Clif Bar, but I do like them. At the right moment, with the right flavor, one can be just the ticket. This day, it was decent food in a hungry time - with a little energy boost built in.

Thanks, Dave!

No comments:

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails