Thursday, January 8, 2009

Snacking as sustenance

Pixie flat Hershey brownie bar


I have a deadline to make a few gifts for nearly-born babies, and in order to do that I needed to have a day of knitting. Of course, when knitting on a deadline one must snack a lot to keep up one's strength.


A new find

Brownie back

I found Limited Edition Hershey's Brownies 'N' Chocolate ("Creamy Milk Chocolate with Brownie Morsels") at Zerns. The bar had no bloom when I unwrapped it, but tasted a tad old. That could have been my imagination, as there is no expiration/sell-by date on the wrapper and it is only my suspicious nature that feels it may have been out of date. Still, there was a good brownie density to the thing, even as individual "brownie morsels" were hard to identify on the tongue.


Nutty singles

Cross-section

Nutty Bar Singles - same great Nutty Bar taste. New, less-satisfying, 100-calorie size. This was a silly idea. Don't make the Nutty Bar slimmer (and therefore lower in calorie) by cutting down on its delicious layers. Dieters can eat something else. I ate two. So there.


I also had a handful of KeyFoods roasted, salted peanuts. For a grocery store (and cheap) brand, they were not bad at all!

4 comments:

Katie said...

BROWNIES in chocolate?! Why have I not seen this bar? This is the second Hershey's discovery I've made today!

Good luck with your gifts!

Jennette said...

Thanks! I didn't get quite as much knitting done as I intended, but I've got a good start.

I wonder when the Hershey's Brownie (etc.) bar came out? This review http://www.taquitos.net/candy/Hershey_Brownies_Chocolate has no date info that I can find.

growingupartists said...

"A Day of Knitting" for nearly born babies. I think I ought to make room for that in my schedule.

Jennette said...

I am going to have to have another day of knitting for those in utero. Due to a faulty pattern, I spent the latter part of the day in frustration and didn't make much progress.

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails