Friday, January 30, 2009

Adventures in Bento

Bento - side view

I used some Christmas money (thanks, Mom and Dad!) to buy myself a Bento-style lunchbox.


Bento - top view

This is supposed to make me more excited to eat leftovers for lunch.


Hats off


Three layers of eating

It's working!


Jet Blue cookies

The lunchbox is a little bigger than I need, so there's plenty of room for snacks.


Sog-proof

Tortilla soup and tortilla chips never have to touch until they're ready.


Jan 30, 2009


Beyond work, I'm thinking the beach and the park would also be good destinations for me and my portable foodstuffs. There's a smaller bento box available, too, if you're looking for a kid- or snack-sized version.


p.s. I just learned (the research way, not the hard way) - don't microwave these.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is so cute, i love it!

AND, were the pumpkin ginger chews good?

Par said...

I like those bento too.
I was thinking of getting the round ones.

houstonmacbro said...

That IS a neat concept.

Jennette said...

I've seen cool ones recently that were microwave safe, too. Check out these: http://www.ohdeedoh.com/ohdeedoh/meal-time/made-by-oots-lunchbox-075907

Jennette said...

p.s. I'll be commenting on the pumpkin ginger cookies soon!

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails