Monday, May 31, 2010

C is for...

September Cheese Farm

Cheese farm -- September Cheese Farm in Honey Brook, PA, to be exact, where the staff is pleasant and the samples are many.  Try the spring onion cheese (alas, sold out when we were there)!  Try the bacon cheese spread on an almond cracker!


Curds

The squeaky cheese

Cheese Curds -- These have been a favorite of mine since childhood.  We bought plain (unflavored) and roasted garlic cheese curds.  They should squeak when you chew them.  That's how you know they're good.  Also, my parents say if you leave them in the fridge a little too long and they start to lose savor, just zap them in the microwave for a few seconds.


3-pawed cat

Cute Cat with three paws who lives at the Cheese farm:


shoes by Marais

-------

6 comments:

Dave said...

According to my daughter, the addition of garlic is the single most awesome advancement to cheese curd technology since poutine.

I'm more of a purist, though. =)

Jennette said...

I think "plain" will always be my favorite, but garlic made for a nice change. Lots of flavor!

kellig said...

I love that poor little kitten..too cute! What a lover.

Jennette said...

Yes, Kelli! I love cheese, but cheese and lovable cats are even better.

jenny gordy said...

i love your shoes! i love that cat! i love cheese!

Jennette said...

I'm glad we are friends. ;)

P.S. The shoes have stretched just enough for me to wear them comfortably. Whew!

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails