Friday, December 11, 2009

Very Pear-y.

Delightful

I bought a new flavor of ice cream -- Caramelized Pear and Toasted Pecan by Häagen-Dazs -- because it looked like a nice departure from my usual selection of "Anything with Chocolate and Peanut Butter and Cookie Dough and Fudge and Crunchy Bits."

This was a good decision; the flavor changed my pace. The pear and pecan pieces ring true throughout. There's something festive and warm about it, which works well during this winter holiday season, but it's light enough to work year-round. Usually, I like my ice cream to hit hard, but I appreciate a subtler sweet in the right moment.

Pear and pecan together aren't overwhelming or bossy. They're honest. I guess I'm saying this frozen treat tells it to you straight.

No comments:

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails