Saturday, December 12, 2009

A late night with the knitting triangle...

Guava Empanada

There are only three of us -- not enough to make a "knitting circle" -- and we never got around to doing much knitting (or watching the last two episodes in the first season of Twin Peaks, which we also intended to do), BUT I enjoyed both the company and watching Melissa prepare dessert empanadas with guava/cream cheese or coconut filling for us.

I enjoyed the eating, too. I'm not making many exceptions for "outside activities" during my season of cookie baking, so I'm glad this one was already on the books. The empanadas were really special.

p.s. The secret to Grandma's empanada dough? Wine! Melissa used Sherry. You might try this recipe for dough. It calls for white wine.

No comments:

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails