Thursday, June 14, 2012

Chicago or not, here I come.

Chicago Mix

So, somebody tell me -- do Chicagoans really eat their cheese popcorn mixed with caramel corn (and vice versa)? I'd like to check into whether it's accurate to call this blend by G. H. Cretors a "Chicago Mix."

True or not, this might be my new favorite bagged popcorn. I bought it to go with the particularly nice BLAT (bacon, lettuce, avocado, and tomato) sandwich I ordered for lunch, but continued eating it long after the sandwich was gone. 

Kernels

I probably don't need to tell you this, but the cheesiness of the cheddar popcorn goes really well with the sweetness of the caramel kernels. Moreover, both flavors on their own taste like quality corn.

Despite my effort to save some for another snacking occasion (and for Dan to try), I've almost finished the bag now, so it lasted about 6 hours. I guess you could say its life was short and sweet. And cheesy.

-------

No comments:

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails