Here's to the people and restaurants who provided special snacks and meals in the first several weeks after I gave birth to my son (three weeks ago today).
- My smarty-pants husband had Thai delivered from Cheers for the two of us, our doula, and the midwife, an hour or two after our home birth.
- Moss, Rachel, and Hero brought fried chicken, macaroni and cheese, biscuits, and slices of pie from Pies 'n' Thighs for dinner that first night. Turns out that two pieces of fried chicken was EXACTLY what I wanted after 8 1/2 hours of labor.
- Nick came by with dark beer (good for milk production, they say) and ice cream and chips and...numerous other good things. Matthew C. also brought beer (which turned out to be more for my husband than for me).
- Tim and Holly made lasagna and fennel salad, and delivered it with chocolate cake (and brought their gorgeous 6-month old daughter).
- David and Molly donated homemade chicken pot pies, ready to cook, and chocolate-coconut hand pies (pictured above). Oh, yum!
- Carmine's was the first place we "ate out" with the baby. We only purchased two slices of pizza at the counter, but they still let us sit in the back (which is usually reserved for people ordering from the menu), away from the construction noise on the street.
Inedible but Lovely "special mention" goes to Willow and August's cherry blossoms and two bunches of flowers from Matt C. -- not to mention all the other friends who stopped by or mailed cards and gifts of rattles, blankets, onesies, books, lullabies, and more. Sorry I haven't named you all here!
I feel really, truly blessed.