Thursday, September 29, 2011

Crispiroll 12-Grain: Bite into the Mystery

Thing 1

Oh, dear.  This is what happens when you fall behind in blogging.  The photos pile up and wrappers you've saved get thrown away.

I do not remember how the Crispiroll 12-Grain tasted, exactly.  I think...weird?  Crispy yet squishy? If I remember correctly, it had, like, a thousand ingredients.  Lots of grains.  Paul gave it to me.  I do remember that.

Here you go.  I found the ingredients online: brown rice, husked lotus, pearl barley, buckwheat, rice, oatmeal, pea, small red beans, mung beans, speckled kidney bean, black soybeans, black glutinous rice, corn, egg, palm oil, granulated sugar, soy sauce powder (soybeans, wheat, salt, sugar), sugar.
 

Thing 2  Thing 3

9 comments:

nina said...

i actually LOVE the crispy roll. My aunt bought them on a whim and brought them on our hike. Turns out it's the most portable quick snack. Very asian tho with the puffed grain that collapses feel. Really like the sweet yet salty mix and low calories and seems like a health food. Strange as they are I am a fan :)

Kristin said...

Unfortunately, these tasty treats have very little of the "good" ingredients and too much Palm Oil, Sugar and Egg Yolk Powder.

BROWN RICE 36%, CORN 12%, PALM OIL, YOLK POWDER,

SUGAR, SOYBEAN SOURCE POWDER, DEXTROSE,

MUNG BEANS 3%, BLACK BEAN 1%, BLACK STICKY RICE 1%,

BUCKWHEAT 1%, ADLAY 1%, KIDNEY BEAN 1%,

NELUMBO NUCIFERA GAERTNER 1%, PEA 1%,

BARLEY 1%, RED BEAN 1%

Jennette said...

Nina, I like a "puffed grain that collapses" texture, too!

Jennette said...

Kristin, I think you're right. It may not be particularly healthy. Luckily, I do not discriminate based on sugar, palm oil, or egg yolk powder when it comes to trying snacks from a foreign land. ;)

andykoom said...

This stuff is like crack. Dear Leader eats them 6 at a time. $2 a pack at H-Mart.

Jennette said...

I've never done crack, so I can't compare. Thanks for the comment!

Unknown said...

Where can you buy tgem from i wad given a few and absolutely love them

Jennette said...

Hi, Unknown! Wish I could help you. I'm not sure where you can find them.

Unknown said...

I found them on Amazon, for anyone wondering !

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails